Monday, February 7, 2011

Oldtown Kopitiam @ Jaya One

Harro everybody! First of all I would like to wish everyone a happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai! For the next few posts I'm gonna share some of the goodies I've tried during my Chinese New Year trips to Teluk Intan and Melaka and not forgetting my hometown Seremban. But now it's Oldtown white coffee time!

OldTown Kopitiam

Recently me and Boo Boo visited the OldTown Kopitiam outlet in Jaya One for lunch. We've been here a few times but this is the first time I thought to blog about this place. OldTown Kopitiam, originated from the city of Ipoh in Perak, famous for its white coffee, is the largest kopitiam restaurant chain in Malaysia. It has more than 170 outlets in Malaysia and Singapore.

My Lunch 4: OldTown Prawn Meehoon-Mee @ RM8.90

During this recent visit, I ordered their My Lunch Set (12pm - 2.30pm), Set 4, OldTown Prawn Meehoon-Mee + Classic Float (your choice of 7 Up, 7 Up Revive, Pepsi or Mirinda Strawberry). I feel that the prawn mee served here is nicer compared to the other outlets I've tried before. The soup has enough prawn taste and it's tasty but not spicy enough. Served with 2 fresh medium size prawns, halved hard boiled egg, sliced fish cakes, kangkung (water spinach) and sprinkled with some fried onions. Yummy!

Fresh medium size prawn

Boo Boo ordered their ala carte Meehoon Siam with Fried Chicken. This Thai style fried meehoon came with sambal (spicy sauce), fried chicken, sliced fried egg and sliced cucumbers. The sambal was awesome but the meehoon was a bit sourish and the fried chicken wasn't freshly fried. It was a bit cold and hard. Poor Boo Boo was having a hard time eating that fried chicken. The meehoon tasted a bit like tom yam but Boo Boo said it wasn't tom yam. Hmm.. then what's that taste?

Meehoon Siam and Fried Chicken ala carte @ RM6.90

We also ordered the Single Kaya and Butter Toast. Single brown toast spread with kaya and butter. Mmm~~ nice! But I think the 3 Layer Toast in Hainan Tea is better.

Kaya and Butter Toast (Single) @ RM1.60

And finally... we shared the Pepsi Float that came with my lunch set. A perfect drink on a hot hot day!

Pepsi Float that came together with my lunch set

The bill total (including service charge and government tax) was RM19.30. Less than RM10 per person. Reasonable!

Rating: 4.0 / 5.0 (Would have given 4.5 if not for that cold and hard fried chicken)

OldTown Kopitiam
No. 31-LG1, Block C, Jaya One, 
No. 72A, Jln Universiti, Section 13, 
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: +603-7955 5321

2 comments:

  1. You might want to try One Utama's OldTown. My friends who tried both places said that 1U's is much better than the one in Jaya One. I myself tried the one in 1U, and it's really good.

    Just want to share an info. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for visiting! I shall go and try the OldTown in 1U one of these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...